Friday 27 May 2011

Turn Headlines

I'm sorry for the horribly corny post title but that won't be the last of it, so prepare yourself.  I'm not the manicure kinda girl and I absolutely suck at sitting still so my nail's are generally natural or textured*. 


textured adj.  The unattractive appearance of polished nails after having been smashed up against many surfaces during the drying stage.


Because of this, I'm not a big nail art person.  It sounds like a lot of effort, especially if whatever I try will just end up looking like road kill.


BUT. . . I found this last night - a newspaper print on your nails by cute polish.  It's really simple, quirky and subtle enough to go with any outfit (another problem with nail art). One could even describe the look as cute-icle (I did warn you)!  I'm so trying it later, I'll just have to get someone to tie me down long enough for it to dry. 




You'll need:

  • Some rubbing alcohol (available from any pharmacy)
  • Gray nail polish
  • Base coat
  • Top coat
  • Scissors
  • Newspaper (That stuff you keep in your cupboard for accidents)

And that's all! Let me know if you tried it, would love to see some pictures or read some reviews. Hope you manage to nail it. . . Okay, I'll stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment