Monday 25 July 2011

Fitflop: Fashionable Fitness



I have two confessions to make today.  Firstly, when it comes to fashion, I’ll confess that comfort isn’t my first requirement.  Being physically comfortable is definitely an important part of wearing an outfit properly but personally, I find myself happy to go through a little bit of pain for some fashionable-gain.  I never seem to get that same philosophy right with exercise however.  A few hours a week of discomfort (panting, sweating and a tomato-red face) in the gym should equal a lifetime of never having to worry about clothes not fitting.  The theory is fool proof and is hardly a dent on my daily schedule, yet I never seem to make the time for it.

Fitflop™, an English brand, promises to provide consumers with a stylish shoe that is both comfortable and gives your legs (and bum) a good work out.  Here’s where my second confession comes in, I was very sceptical of the promises fit flop made.  Strangely enough, my scepticism had very little to do with their promise of comfort and a reasonably good work out, that all seemed logical and their findings and evidence are quite compelling. The part I was sceptical about was the idea that a ‘work-out while you walk shoe’ could have any hope of being fashionable.




I can honestly say that the brand has blown me and my scepticism away. Their sneakers and boots are to beg for.  The platinum sneakers, my favourite colour in the Suptertone™ Sneaker range, are outrageously self-assured with their bold colour and their thicker-than-usual soles bring about a comforting nostalgia of the 90’s Doc Martin.

Their boots are also a great find with their comfortably-chic look.  The style of the boot doesn’t try to hide the fact that they were made to be comfy and instead uses the overindulgently-cosy look to balance the fashion appeal.


If being pretty wasn’t already enough to sell me on any shoe brand, they are truthfully the most comfortable things I’ve ever worn.  I happen to own a pair of both the platinum Supertone™ Sneakers as well as a chocolate brown pair of the Mukluk™ Boots.   My boots have replaced my slippers as the most comfortable footwear in my closet, my feet feel like they’re walking on marshmallows.  The best part is that if I’d like to get out of the house, all I'd need to do is slip my boots over a pair of tights and throw on a cute dress.

My platinum Supertone™ Sneakers were recently put to the test with a pub crawl on Long Street and I’m proud to say they were there for me throughout all the walking, all the alcohol and even all the stupid dancing.  They’re my new wingman.





If you’d like to try a pair of fitflops™ out, the best time to do it would be now. Their 20% off all boots and sneaker sale has started today and lasts until the 28th of August!  If their sale still isn’t enough to convince you to give the brand a try, enter their competition and you could be the proud owner of a pair of Supertone™ Sneakers!  Five pairs of red, white, black or platinum Supertone™ Sneakers are up for grabs and are worth R1 195 each!




Below, feel free to have a look a short fitflop video describing the brand and its benefits.




No comments:

Post a Comment